We hope all that read our blog, had a nice, safe, happy Christmas. We definitely did, even though, we found ourselves spending Christmas on our own for the first time. It was different. We found ourselves trying to blend traditions from both sides of the family, as well as trying to create a few of our own. Some worked, some need a little tweaking.
We tried to do our own Nativity scene with the kids, but Evan was not about to have a towel tied to his head with a tie. However, Vanessa really enjoyed being Mary and Ben was a very sweet baby Jesus. I am glad we at least attempted it.
We read "The Night Before Christmas" and then followed that with about ten Christmas Carols.
My favorite part was spending a little one-one-one time with Vanessa just before putting her to bed. Vanessa and I spent some time together on a hammock swing we have sitting in our front window. It was snowing outside, so it was really beautiful. We just sat and talked about Santa and his reindeer and how they manage to make it around the world in one night. It really is neat how kids believe in all these magical things. I felt like a kid again just talking to her.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great Christmas. I was not to sure about having Christmas on our own, but kind of liked it. We still spend a lot of time with family, but it's not bad other than when we go to see grandparents, we have to haul their favorite toys!Merry Christmas
Liz
THAT'S what I am talking about! Hammock with you and Nessa, ahhhh!
Post a Comment