Monday, September 1, 2008

Life just got a little busier

I have forgotten what it is like to have a newborn around. Now that I have three kids, I feel as though I suddenly have very little time for anything. However, it is very exciting to have a newborn in our family again. It is especially neat because we have two other kids who are old enough to enjoy Ben and share in this special experience with us. Vanessa can not get enough of Ben. She absolutely adores him. Evan is very curious about his new little brother. At first, I think he was a bit jealous of Ben, and probably still is to some extent, but lately I have caught Evan looking down at Ben with the sweetest of smiles. I can only imagine what Evan must think about how this little baby suddenly came into our lives. Evan may not understand it all, but I am sure that he knows that Ben is something special.

I have sat down to update my blog several times in the last week, and every time I do, Ben takes this as his cue to start crying and demanding my attention. So, quickly, I will try to post some pictures of Ben (with his eyes open).



Vanessa has made sure Ben has been properly introduced to all of her favorite animals.









2 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh, guys, he is sooooooooo cute! I'm going to have to compete with Nessa to be prez of his fan club. Esp. after we come see him. Then I'll be totally nuts over him! I think he looks so much like his daddy. Esp. the shot of him that's just above the one of him in the striped shirt. The way he's looking out of his eyes is Marty right over, I think. He is truly adorable. I'm so thrilled abt how the kids love him, even Evan. That's wonderful.

carriej said...

He is so unbelievably freaking cute! I wish I could just nuzzle him and breathe in his fuzzy baby essence, mmmm I bet he smells so good! So very beautiful, like his big brother. So thrilled that big sister and brother are so crazy for him. ...are you getting any sleep though little mama?