Monday, November 3, 2008

4 out of 7 were a little better in Ohio

Well, the new computer is finally up and running just in time to post some Halloween pictures. I must say that I miss trick-or-treating in Ohio. People really get into it there. Since Vanessa was born we have spent 4 out of 7 Halloweens in Ohio. Vanessa's first Halloween was spent in Utah, but that didn't really count because she was a little too young to go door-to-door (only 5 months old). Then we spent two in Ohio, then one in Arizona, then two more in Ohio, and now our first in Washington. (I know we move way too much). At of all those years, this year was definitely the most disappointing. Only about half the houses we went to were giving out candy. Maybe other neighborhoods around here are better than the one we live in. Anyway, we then went to the trunk-or-treat in our ward. I will say I have never seen such a turn out for a trunk-or-treat in any of the other wards I have attended, but it still just isn't the same as going house-to-house. Oh well, it was still fun getting the kids all dressed up and they still ended up with PLENTY of candy.

Vanessa insisted on having a green face. I'm not sure how great it looks, but it is better than the alternative. This is the second year Vanessa has wanted to wear one of those scary white ghost Halloween masks (you know, like the one from the movie "Scream"). I have no idea why. Luckily she is willing to compromise.







I can't believe Vanessa wore that same red devil costume 6 years ago. They grow so fast!



This is the first official picture I have of just Ben and Evan together. Shortly after this was taken Evan grabbed Ben's cheeks, and Ben burst into tears. Even Evan can't resist those chubby cheeks!



Trunk-or-treating is so much fun!



I had to get in this picture of Ben smiling at his Dad just before bed.



Well, I hope all of you had a fun and safe Halloween too!

2 comments:

T J V said...

No wonder Evan couldn't resist those cheeks, they are adorable! Love Vanessa's striped tights too, I would wear those any day.

Van Cott Family said...

Cute baby! I can't wait for mine to come out and be about 5 months old! :) Sadly I am not one of those moms who thinks time goes too fast, I agree it does tend to go fast, but I like it! I love the ring a round the rosie and hide and go seek stage! then on to the wonderful world of school etc. . . Call me crazy! Say Hi to Marty for me! and if you guys aren't seeing family for the Holidays you should consider seeing Hollie in Sultan! She would love it.
--Julie